Caroline works as a Private Clinical Dietitian and Performance Nutritionist, based at her clinic Connacht Nutrition & Dietetic Clinic, located at the N5 Business Park, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
In 2014 she established Connacht Nutrition and Dietetic Clinic, where she provides a professional private nutrition consultancy service. Since opening her clinic, she was a finalist in the Mayo Young Entrepreneur of Year Awards.
Qualification and courses
· First class honours degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics - Robert Gordon University
· Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Nutrition - St Marys University Twickenham
· Nutrition for Fertility and Pregnancy course - Monash University
· Paediatric Dietetic course - Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute
· Motivational interviewing course – National institute of preventative cardiology
· Member of the Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute (INDI registration number 1364)
· CORU Registered Dietitian (Registration Number D1007735). For more information
on CORU registration, click here.
· HCPC (Health and Care Professionals Council UK) Registered Dietitian – DT26607
Experience and Areas of Interest
Caroline has a keen interest in sports nutrition, and works with many athletes from a number of different sports. Between 2014 and 2019 she was performance nutritionist for the Mayo GAA senior football team, during this period Mayo players won 13 all-star awards including 2 player of the year awards, reached 4 all ireland semi-finals, and played in 3 All Ireland finals including 1 replay, won 1 Connacht title and 1 National football League. Caroline also works with several senior club and juvenile teams. She is also an Accredited Anti-Doping Advisor (UKAD) and member of the Sports Nutrition Interest Group of the INDI.
Caroline delivers workplace health promotion programmes to small businesses and multinational corporations, develops and implements successful weight loss programmes, delivers seminars/workshops for many different types of groups, such as active age retirement groups, ladies and men's groups, schools, cancer groups etc. Caroline has an interest in the dietary management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and is fully trained and competent in advising clients in following the Low FODMAP Diet (clinically approved diet led by Dietitians, proven to help reduce IBS symptoms).
Some organisations Caroline has collaborated with previously include:
· Family Carers Association
· MS Society
· Parkinson’s Association
· Mayo GAA
· Mayo LGFA
· CMS Distribution
· CBE Epos
· Intersport Elverys
· Castlebar Boxing Club
· Kavanaghs SuperValu Castlebar
· Irish Practice Nurses Association Mayo
To read a selection of testimonials from some happy clients click here
To schedule an appointment or book a presentation, please call: 086 4006654 or fill out the online booking form here.